Friday, November 14, 2008

Rick's cancer update cont.

Today, 11-14-2008, For the first time we received good news from my Doctor about this cancer. Last week during my visit it was discussed that I may not be responding to the chemo as hoped. However today after looking at my blood work he appeared more optimistic and felt I was responding slowly. This means instead of discontinuing the chemo and having the cyber knife localized radiation to reduce the pain and start palliative care, I am to continue the chemo on Friday the 21st. Of course this means more of the same nausea stuff but I guess that's better than the alternative. Until then I have a week to try to recover from the last three weeks of that crap. I'll keep you all up to date as we go along. Thanks friends, Rick

4 comments:

BRAGG LIFE said...

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!

Sis T said...

YAAHOOOOO!!!!!!
Yeah, I know you can kick this cancer in the ass. After all Jan, Geo, Ray and I are looking forward to Fiji to help you celebrate 25 years............
I figure you won't mind some tagalongs.
Love you guys soooooo much!!!

J. Walters said...

We all have no doubt that you are going to come out of this better than ever :) Hugs to all U Dukatzes.

Robyn and Allen said...

If anyone can beat this, you can. You are in our prayers, hang in there brother.