Saturday, November 8, 2008

The concrete job

After telling some friends that I had to put all my projects on hold due to my recent cancer diagnosis, this is how they responded.





I was told that there were some people coming out to pour cement for a project I had started, but I had no idea it would be this.












Then again, I know the character of these people and should not be be a bit suprised that the reponse was what it turned out to be.













I had an appointment the morning of the pour but upon arriving back home found an impressively well done slab with a few still working the finish. They stayed as late as they could and even came back the following morning to finish the cuts.








I can't even begin to express what I felt that day and still do everytime I walk outside and see the new concrete.






The crew exsisted of approximately 30 people and all of which I can call friends.

Here are a few pics from that day


























































.
































































5 comments:

Bruce said...

I'm not much use with concrete but if it is framing, drywall or plumbing I am happy and willing to help.

Sis T said...

It's so great to see so many friends and brothers not hesitate to help when it's needed.
Thanks to all. What a great group of friends......
Love ya

T..12..K said...

Concrete looks good, even though I don't think you had any Italians on the job :) Wish I could have been there to help.

Robyn and Allen said...

Great to have good friends who'll roll up their sleeves and pitch in. I'm not a bit surprised - you guys are okay . . .

Hoofy and Amy said...

We adore you two! Let us know if there is EVER ANYTHING you need! Luvs and Kisses to you all!