Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Cancer update BARD port


Well today I got my BARD Power port installed. They certainly take their time in the hospital to do it. We were there six hours and the procedure took a half hour. They made two incisions. One at the shoulder chest area to put the port in and the other to tuck the other end into my Jugular in my neck. As much as they have been poking me with needles, this may be a welcome doo-datter for that. We asked the Doc if Bev could watch the procedure being they were using the BARD port. He hesitantly agreed and she had to scrub up and watched the whole procedure from inside the O.R. And she didn't even faint. All seemed to go well and I suspect Bev is making a commission on this because she reassures me that it was the thing to do and says it will be worth it.

3 comments:

Hilandmalt said...

Rick,
Greg called tonight and told me your news. I'll call you in the next day or two, also gonna come down for a visit.
Sending good thoughts,

Tracy

Sis T said...

Bev you are being so strong and so glad to hear they didn't have to pick you up from the floor......lol
Love always,
T

Unknown said...

Glad something finally good came from the port team.
Hang in there Rick!
Ing and I are pullin for ya.
Aaron