Thursday, January 1, 2009

Time for an update

Dear Family and Friends

I just wanted all of you to know that the kids and I are doing OK. As well as can be expected anyway. I am currently staying at my Dad's in St. George with my 3 youngest kids, Brandon, Jared and Breanna. We will be joined by my two oldest boys Derrick and Danny tomorrow and we will then be spending a week in sunny, warm Palm Springs, CA. It is a vacation that we had planned before Rick's illness and with a little deliberation on the day of Rick's passing, we decided to go ahead with the vacation as planned. The kids and I think that Rick would have wanted us to go.

FYI, my phone has been temporarily suspended, however I can receive calls and text messages but I can't call out or reply to text, so don't think I'm avoiding you if you don't hear from me for a while. I'll get it straightened out when I get back after Jan 12th.

My sister Teri had planned her wedding in Las Vegas for the same day as the funeral and unfortunately she ended up having to reschedule it so that she could be there for me. I want her to know how much I appreciate her unselfishness and the sacrifice she made for me in my time of need. I ended up going to her wedding and it was absolutely beautiful. Congratulations to Mr and Mrs Ray Howe. I also want to thank my sister Janet for coming to my side from Denver as soon as possible and supporting me during the most difficult days after Rick's passing. I love my sisters and my dad.

I also want to say thank you to all my friends who came by in the days following the funeral to give us comfort. Visiting and playing games seemed to help distract us just a little when we needed it most.

Thank you so very much to all the Officers from all over the state of Utah who showed so much respect and honor for Rick. Even though it was the saddest day we will ever know, it truly was an overwhelming, amazing and inspirational day and I do feel that Rick was there in spirit and that he was at peace and felt the love overflowing throughout the day and I'm sure it was exactly what he would have wanted. Thanks again and again Brian.

And of course, I really want to let every last person who attended Rick's funeral know just how much it meant to me and the kids that you were there. Even though I was "hiding" in my sorrow and I didn't really "see" most of you, in my heart I know that you were there. It was the saddest, worst day of our lives and yet we felt an overwhelming sense of love and support from everyone there.

And to my dearest Rick, I KNOW in my heart that you are in a better place and I WILL see you again. Until then my sweetie, wait for me and rest in peace baby.

5 comments:

BRAGG LIFE said...

I'm so glad you guys decided to go. I know that Rick wouldnt have wanted you to give up the vacation he so looked forward to! I'm glad you're doing OK and cant wait until you come home but I know you need this time with your family! I love you guys!!!

roxeegirl said...

Hi, hope you enjoy your trip to palm springs. You definitely deserve some warmth and sunshine.

Call or text when you get back.

XO Kim

Meichelle said...

We love you guys! I hope the vacation was great!

Brandon Young AKA "Shotgun" said...

My name is Brandon, Rick was and always will be MY HERO! I really miss him. He changed my life at a very young age, and I am forever greatful to him. I do and always will hold him close to my heart. I keep Bev, the kids, and all of the family in my prayers. You know that you are the BIG BRO I never had Rick! Love ya bro...

Brandon

Brandon Young AKA "Shotgun" said...

By the way, I know that you are racing that new Camaro in heaven. Let me know how it rides :)